Monday 16 July 2012

I dont do mornings.

I don't do mornings. I try. I have three boys, mornings are a necessity. But I just cant do it. I want so desperately to be one of those people that bounces out of bed and says "hello world" but to be honest I'm more a grunt and a squinty eyed glare towards morning then if you imagine morning grabbing me by the ankle and dragging me toward the ( badly designed and ever so cold) shower.... while I hold on to the bed for all I'm worth kicking and screaming and attempting to keep my head on my pillow even if it means taking the pillow with me. My husband is even worse. SO when we had children mornings were thrust upon me.

I set the alarm every morning at 7:30, I get up around 8 and by the time I get down stairs Its 8:15. My two big boys start school at 8:55. We usually make it right on time. Weekends are terrible because I don't wake up without a reason and then the guilt sets in. I am blessed though to have three rather well behaved boys.... actually sometimes I think they behave better when I'm not around. I never have to worry about what I am going to come downstairs to. They even get their own breakfast! Bless their little cotton socks.

I will most likely talk about these three boys a lot. They are the centre of my universe ( even though I have been know to tell them that the world doesn't revolve around them...mine actually does)
Oscar is my eldest boy. He is a beautiful human. A Big boy with a sweet soul. He is 8 and has always been a mummy's boy. Which I have always loved. He is at that age though where the males start playing a bigger role in his life, an important role. I understand this... this doesn't mean I have to like it. Lucky for me I have a wonderful Husband who embraces this. My boys are also lucky to have some pretty fantastic males in their lives, mainly these people are my cousins or cousins husbands or my uncles. My boys worship these men. Lucky for me I think they are pretty great too. Oscar had learning difficulties from a young age ( he was on the autism spectrum) so we have been through the system of early intervention, speech therapy and extra assistance at school. He is not stupid, he just takes a different path to get where he needs to go. And he is a loving and caring boy.
Next on the list is Harry. Ahhh Harry. Harry drives his mother crazy. Harry is his father in miniature form. Harry likes to poke people literally and figuratively, just to see how long it takes for them to explode. That said he is also one of the most sensitive people I have ever meet. He is a big believer in family first. He loves his family, and heaven help anyone who hurts them. He got detention in kindergarten because his mummy made the bread in his lunch box and a couple of boys were teasing him and called it poo. In his head this was an attack on his mum. He smacked one and punched the other. sigh. He is a sports lover and the only one who will stay faithful to his daddy when everyone else has bailed and caved to mum. He is so easily hurt you just want to cuddle him and kiss him all the time.... but usually you end up pulling your hair out.









Last but certainly not least is Franklin. Franky baby.... Frank has never been a baby. He is 3 going on 23. He believes he is the boss.. of everyone and everything. And a more stubborn individual I am yet to meet ( no idea where he gets it from) But he is a joy to spend my days with... a constant stream of chatter, he is a rather intelligent small person who likes people to think he is funny. He always knows when his mummy is upset and will hold your hand or give you random hugs and kiss at just the right time. He will say out of the blue..."mummy your hair looks beautiful today. I love it"


Now I am off to the store... the grocery store :( right after I have written my grocery list) wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment