Wednesday 18 July 2012

Writing "write my to do list" on my To do list.

I do that. I write "to do" lists, I write everything on them. If I didn't then absolutely nothing would get done. Sad but true. And the title of this blog is also true. I write to write my "to do" list on the actual list so I can cross it off and have that brief feeling of accomplishment.  If I happen to do extra things that aren't on my "to do" list they get written up after they are done just so they can be crossed off. I also like my list because when my husband looks around when he gets home and says the fatal words "what have you been doing all day?" I can wave the list in his face. Because the problem is quite often I go to bed and look around the house and think.. why did I bother it looks the same as before. This is what happens with three boys. Or even just living in the house... using it. For example The Kitchen.
the morning kitchen...blah

I can live with anything else as long as the kitchen is clean ( and the floor swept) but even though I am a fairly clean cook once you have made dinner and the dirty dishes are everywhere... it looks like crap again. It also happens to happen at the exact point where I have had enough for the day. Which is funny cause I don't get much done in the mornings and by 7ish at night I have had enough of housewife-ing. But in those few hours if I have my trusty list by my side I can power through it. Errands get done first... in the morning when I don't want to clean. Trips to the post office, newsagents or shopping centre, if we are lucky a quick cafe stop. Franklin is a fantastic cafe kid.... all my kids have been, it is a blessing. No screaming spoilt brats here.... we don't do screaming or screeching here. It is a scream/screech free household. And heaven help the child that attempts that sort of behaviour outside our house too. There is a reason that this blog has the term "Hulk" in its title. Mummy can be angry and my children are wise beyond their years they know where the line is and when they are getting too close to it. A small warning from their mother mentioning the fact that she is "close to the edge" ( always said like MOS DEF) is usually enough. Or "The look" . And if they have done so at the shops or something god help them when they get in the car. Have you ever done that one or seen it in the car park... The enclosed area mummy rant. it usually last from the moment all doors are closed until you pull up in the driveway and there is no escape.

Any who I digress... my list today is fairly extreme ( lucky "write blog" is on it or I would feel bad about sitting here) I am not sure if I will get it all done. It involves making a layer cake, finishing a large order for etsy, wash all our clothes ( ALL our clothes) cause neither Luke or I can locate any socks at present and I am fairly sure he went commando to work......
The "clothes chair"
Clean kitchen, sweep and mop the floors ( and this will be the most time consuming because we have a lot of floor) Vacuum the boys rooms and set up spare beds..... because we are having guests for the weekend ... in laws to be precise,  hence the long list.  But all will be well because my Mother in law is making us all onesies!!!!! wooohoo. you know an all in one pyjama! I am very excited about this. My mother in law keeps us warm. She has knitted jumpers for the boys that are super toasty, scarves, beanies, and gloves. They are all super warm and most of them are also super cool. Wizard hat beanies, fox scarves, Avengers scarves, Captain America beanies... Ironman gloves ( they are mine)


  


Right off I go to do the "To Do"

No comments:

Post a Comment