Monday 16 July 2012

"it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that"




 This is me..... hmm I'm not sure what that says about me? who am I and why should you care? I'm not sure but my life is never boring, currently I am raising 3 boys in a small town in country NSW. I am married to a CEO and all that is involved in that. I am adjusting to country life. I have lived in a few different places.... Cities, not so small towns, coastal areas. I dont really enjoy it here but we are adjusting. I am currently running a small "handmade" business with my sister and mother in law. Its fairly awesome if I do say so myself.... if you like that kind of thing ( which I do) we are on facebook.. and etsy and are we are kept quite busy by it ( psst, its www.facebook.com/Geekree) I am also starting Uni online next month. I am doing an Art major. I enjoy creating things. All sorts of things, sewing, cards, crayons, bookmarks, toys..... but I would love to be able to draw, to paint to sculpt to make beautiful things that other people love, but shhh dont tell anyone... I come from a family of uber talented people and all the self imposed pressure that comes with it. I mean there really isnt much they cant do. Dr's in their chosen fields or just really super fantastic at it. One cousin writes... she writes beautifully but it doesnt stop there she can also draw.. and teach. An uncle is actually a Doc of Rock... seriously he has a Doctorate in Music and Communications and he is fasinating to talk to about anything! He can also play anything. I want to be able to play music. I love music all sorts of music, but no. So over the next few years I am hoping to start piano lessons, watch this space. I also have another cousin who is a photographer but was a successful Musician for a while there too. My husband studies business and is a CEO.... I probably wont tell him I write a blog, he doesnt really get "Facebook" or "blogging" and has zero concept of "twitter" lol. But the point is peaople in my family are amazing at what they do from raising 8 kids and remaining organised and relatively sain to being able to catalogue your books and run the archives of the Royal easter show. These people are amazing and inspiring but it can also be a tad intimidating to put yourself out there. You know incase you fail and fail and fail again... Hence the title of this post No more dreaming about things. It is time to begin .......


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Jodie! I hope you enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete