Sunday 22 July 2012

shameless selfpromotion.. how to be subtle?

I had a plan when starting this blog. It was to be my personal blog but I also wanted a way to include my business without shoving it down peoples throats. I haven't really found a way as yet that would work for me. I thought I would just be obvious about it today. I have a small.. venture. I wouldn't call it a business as it doesn't seem to be at that scale. Its is more a creative outlet of things I happen to sell. My sister makes a lot of things... A LOT! and they are beautiful and clever and amazing, and it used to kill me because she would make them then... wait for it... put them in a suitcase in her craft room!!!! Oh my god! My mother in law used to teach craft and is really really good at making things, but she retired from doing that and is doing all sorts of other things... I believe if you have talent you shouldn't waste it. I felt they were both wasting their amazingness. So I came up with a cunning plan.... a business where they would make what I asked them to and I would sell it. I also make things too and I have found I really enjoy it. It is great to have that kind of outlet in your life.

My mother in law

My sister

me!
We make so many different things it would be overwhelming to put it all on this blog and not at all what I would want this blog to be like.
Speaking of making things our onesies are all finished.  And they are awesome. seriously awesome! when I get a copy of our family shot I will post it on here.

http://www.facebook.com/Geekree

No comments:

Post a Comment