Tuesday 17 July 2012

One cup to brew them all....

I love coffee. I have even become a fan of tea. I love them, my day can not go on in a calm and relaxed manner without one or the other. I love the ritual of tea, as well as the drinking. I love the smell of coffee and the look and the taste. I love making coffee. By making coffee I obviously mean making espresso coffee. The rest don't count. They Don't! unless your desperate only then is it acceptable to use those chemical enriched substitutes....... I am a train barista, could you tell? and one of my real pet peeves is bad coffee. if making coffee is your job there is no excuse for burning the milk. It should be punished with extreme prejudice. I unfortunately live in a town where they believe in hot over extracted coffee in all places. I have found only one cafe that makes good coffee.. not really good but better than the rest. This is why I love going to Melbourne. The food and coffee. Heaven help you in Melbourne if you sold something substandard. Its a four hour drive to Melbourne from us. It is worth every minute.

My mother in law used to collect tea pots. She has hundreds quite a few are worth a lot of money. She gave me one recently from her collection and to be honest it wasn't what I was expecting.... but that said it kinda fits. It makes me laugh. and it comes in a set.
 See I find it offensive to my relaxing ritual... and yet it appeals to a part of me that I am not sure I am able to embrace completely. It has shiny gold bits and I really do love it. lol. oh dear.

And this is my tea cup
 This was one of the first in a series of experiments to make tea pots and cup and mugs. They have got better as time has gone on but I still like this one. My children have their own hot chocolate mugs that I made for them too. One is a hulk one, another Thor and the last one is Captain America. Our house contains quite a few items like this. I think they brighten your day and make you smile when you need it. Like my coffee mug
It has a story to it. It used to belong to my much loved Aunty who introduced me to the Muppets many many years ago. there were two, the other was an animal one but it didn't survive the years.  I am a big Muppet fan. Still....
I am also a big fan of tea and coffee puns. They are fantastic. Have you seen the teapot with a picture of Lionel Richie and saying "Hello. Is it tea your looking for?" Gets me every time. I will make myself one soon. When I was researching for Geek-r-ee making the cups and such I came across alot of puns.
             "Fight for your right to Latte"
             "Bilbo tea-baggins, one cup to brew them all" ( personal favourite)
             "Pour some sugar on tea" (Def Leppard)
             "Bean me up Scotty"

The list is endless.... an many a chuckle was had.



No comments:

Post a Comment