Saturday 21 July 2012

ROAR...smash


I missed blogging yesterday...
 this would be why...
I don't normally drink but I went out with my husband for The Business awards night. Open bar, and I happen to be sitting at the table with one of the big bosses so we had a rather nice wine rather than a house wine and I may have gotten carried away. I was also a little emotional before going after realising how fat I have gotten since moving here and discovered that majority of my clothing doesn't fit. It was a fun night at times but mostly it was kinda shit. My husband was stressed and cranky watching his staff run the night and not really much of a companion. I sat at the table with the directors which was fun but then some of the speeches got political, majority in opposition to my political beliefs and If I wasn't there with my husband in his work place it is most likely I would have said something or walked out. I am a bit like that. And add to that my husband is a flirt and I am a jealous person by nature so needless to say the night ended with me walking home alone after a heated discussion in his office.

But the weekend did proceed a bit better. Yesterday we took his mum and sister and niece to the Port of Echuca. We did all the fun touristy things, our boys had a blast.




It was fantastic to go on the horse drawn carriage ride it went down the dirt road then out onto the street where it picked up pace and you thought about all those olden movies and such, with them powering along being chased by Indians and I thought holy crap how did it not just tip over!


Then we had fish and chips, and proceeded to Beechworth Bakery. If you have never been to one do yourself a favour.
Boston bun was mine!!!
After the bakery we came home and my husband and I realised that a lot of the things we do are based around what we can shove in our pie-hole. Which brings me back to being fat as previously mentioned. I have always been fit, always done some sort of exercise so I am really uncomfortable in my current body. But none of the sports I enjoy exist here. They play AFL or netball. I hate netball. But today is a new day and I have decided to embrace jogging. I have 2 and half months to be swimsuit ready for when we go to QLD. I am going to reward myself with a new swimsuit. A Wonderwoman one piece I found. Must dash. The boys have all gone to the park and the hounds want to join them... and are attempting to rip my house apart to do so.

1 comment: