Tuesday 24 July 2012

obsessions....

Sorry I have been quiet the last couple of days. I have a market on the weekend so silly little things like regular jobs ( washing, cooking etc) have gone out the window. I am just taking a break from making cards. I love making cards they always look so cute... a finished product is always satisfying.

I thought I might tell you about my obsessions. I get obsessed with things. Currently it is Dr.Who, and the Avengers. I have an ongoing love affair with movies and Television shows. I don't watch them as often as I used to but I still know a lot of them word for word. A LOT.... wasted childhood possibly? I also know a lot of lyrics to all sorts of songs. But back to movies... I don't watch sad movies.... or scary movies, I think life has enough of that in it that I don't need to add to it. But I love action and comedy and musicals. Pirates of Penzance to Wolverine... Grease ( and if we are being honest Grease 2) I am completely in love with the new Sherlock Holmes movies and Iron man 1 and 2. But the thing that always gets me is Disney.... from Aladdin onward, I can say every word of Aladdin ( ask any of my high school friends) Lion King, word for word. Pixar movies are the best. Those guys are genius's. I balled my eyes out in Toy Story 3. I cry in movies, which is why I don't watch sad movies... I also don't deal well with tension or embarrassing moments in movies. I am what my husband calls a "hall runner" when things get tense... suspenseful or embarrassing, I am suddenly very busy. clothes that need to be folded, dishes that need to be put away. I love the cult movies like Barbarella, Labyrinth and the Princess Bride. The latter being an all time favourite.

But the movies that have effected me the most and stayed in my head would have to be the Harry Potter ones. All of them. I got them for myself on Bluray for Christmas. I loved the books as well. I love all the characters. I love watching them grow up. I love the themes behind the story. It has action, romance, comedy, mystery, good and evil, the massive big budget special effects without loosing the heart.  


I am so proud that my children embrace the movies I love. They know Singing in the rain and the know everything there is to know about Star Wars.

I have just started showing them the old school animated X-men, and bless them they love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment