Sunday 29 July 2012

this little piggy went to market...

I'm tired.. and whingey. My neck hurts and my back.. and I have snot. I went to the markets yesterday and I forgot my chair that was left next to the door at home. And it was cold... super cold. I was prepared for cold but it wasn't enough maybe if I had worn my onesie over everything it may have helped but even with a thermal shirt, a long sleeved shirt, a t-shirt, knee high socks, boots,  trousers, a jacket, a fox scarf ( wool not fur) Ironman glove and captain America beanie and I was still frozen  with no feeling in my toes an hour in. Other than that it was great... a few sales to keep you going, the occasional visit from hubby and the boys with lovely treats like coffee or a sausage roll.



this was my stall. I was rather proud of it. I think it looks pretty interesting. You know what my favourite thing is when doing the markets? Its watching people walk by they are just kind of passing everything over and not really looking then they will actually focus on something that has stood out to them on the table... like a mini ironman and their face will just change and light up. You have reminded them of something they loved or still love and with the type of things we sell people get really excited! they go and grab their friend to show them, they dive in and have a real look at what you are selling they start talking faster and smiling at you a lot... They suddenly notice you have a scarf on in the shape of a fox and their smile gets bigger, they may even laugh. I don't mind it makes me smile too.



This is how I feel. I am not ashamed of the fact that I love these things. I think about asking my cousin in law about whats going on between Wonderwoman and batman? or is she and superman having a thing? I think about the third Star Wars movie and the fall of Anakin Skywalker and I have wildly inappropriate dreams about assorted avengers. But I find joy in these things. And should that be what life should be about Joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment