Sunday 12 August 2012

Ohh Give me home amongst the gum trees... with lots of plum trees

I WANT A FARM!


It doesn't have to be huge, just a couple of acres. enough for me and the family and all our animals. A horse, chickens, some lambs to fatten up, a fish farm/ garden set up thingy... wait what is it called Aquaponics. Where the fish help the veggies grow while they grow big enough to eat. We went to a friends farm yesterday. I loved it and so did the boys. I want spaces for growing things. We bought home oranges, the tastiest damn oranges ever.

My boys had the best time by the end of it they were covered in hay and you would of thought they had grown up there. They rode on a horse for the first time ever. Not a Shetland pony which they rode once at a party which most definitely doesn't count, but a real horse! His name is Whiskey and he was lovely.


 I was standing there watching them and I was filled with ... Raging jealousy. I want land. I want a horse. I want bees and a peaceful home where boys can run free.
The other amazing thing was that they got to feed and play with one day old lambs. It was wonderful and amazing to see something one day old jumping around.
 what a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. I will be starting up at the community garden on Wednesday. No its not the same but its a start. One day will will find our forever home.
Oh and we got to given a couple of rabbits to eat too. Luke cooked them because I just couldn't do it. The boys all loved it. "tastes like chicken" said Franky. I had a small piece and it was in no way horrid but for some reason I just couldn't do it. Odd how the mind works isn't it.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I would love a farm too! I guess I will have to settle for our little urban "farm" for the time being. We are going to be replacing all the grass in the backyard with raised veg gardens and some fruit trees! Still can't convince the husband that chooks are a good idea but I will keep working on it! Good luck with the community garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a previous chook own.. THEY ARE AWESOME! your garden beds will thankyou for the poo, they consume all your vegie waste, and provide the best eggs you will ever eat. tell him I said to do it!!! DO IT

      Delete